Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Shoe Thrower Speaks Out

Muntazer al-Zaidi, otherwise know as the "shoe thrower" is out of prison and speaking out, unrepentant.

The opportunity came, and I took it.

I took it out of loyalty to every drop of innocent blood that has been shed through the occupation or because of it, every scream of a bereaved mother, every moan of an orphan, the sorrow of a rape victim, the teardrop of an orphan.

I say to those who reproach me: do you know how many broken homes that shoe which I threw had entered? How many times it had trodden over the blood of innocent victims? Maybe that shoe was the appropriate response when all values were violated.

May this hero serve as an example, and may what he did and the reasons he did it never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment